Thursday, November 15, 2007

Halfway point

It's the midpoint of November, which is the halfway point in the blogging project.

The whole experience has been very... different. Unless I have something of a factual nature to report, I don't tend to write a lot. Having to sit down every single day and write, whether or not I have anything to say, has been both challenging (in a good way) and frustrating for me.

Today, I am feeling the obligatory nature of the project very much. With the time off, we've been gallivanting around the city quite a bit; as a result, no fabric has been purchased, no design decisions have been completed, and no quilting progress has been made. So there just isn't much to say.

It's never bad to write for the sake of having written; to just sit down and make yourself do it anyway. I just question whether it's necessary or desirable to go ahead and put it out there in a public place. (Of course you all always have the option to scroll down, and that grants me a certain measure of relief.)

Will it have been a good experience in the end? I think it may be one of those things that I will be glad that I've done. Waiting a few weeks for a sense of accomplishment... well, that's not so bad, is it?

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Well, I enjoy reading all your ramblings, dear Fionn. And I'm glad you're sticking with it!!

Fionn said...

Thank you, so much! It feels good to know that you are reading :)