I’ve taken a look at the stack of quilt tops waiting patiently in my studio, and have come to the conclusion that I can no longer avoid firing up The Machine.
I've been putting this off because running The Machine is a bit stressful. You can't entirely see how things are going til you're done (by which point you are not at all interested in the thought of ripping out all of those stitches). Last time I got to the point where part of my routine included not only popping in a fresh bobbin and making sure the quilt was rolled into the proper position, but putting some lavender oil into the diffuser and turning on a CD of calming medieval chant music.
But I do believe it'll go more smoothly this time - after all, we have a better idea of what to expect!
First up is the flower boxes quilt, since its backing is good to go. I’ve chosen a wildflower pattern for the quilting. (It seems fitting!) If it looks as pretty in thread as it does on paper, I'll be very pleased :)
I’ll keep you posted...
2 comments:
Excellent! I can't wait to see how it comes out!
(...Just how many quilt tops do you have waiting?? YOU'RE a quilting machine!!!)
Not sure I want to know how many there are.
Post a Comment