In the everlasting quest for the ideal exercise gadget, DH recently purchased a treadmill. I tried it out for the first time today. It was my first treadmill experience.
In the past, I've done stair stepping, which is pretty hard on the knees if you use the step at any height at all. Plus, stepping backwards off a step isn't exactly a natural sort of movement for your body (although stepping backwards onto a step is harder!).
In comparison, the treadmill was just so easy. I was on for about 50 minutes, at a very brisk walk, and ended up stopping not because I was tired, but because I was just kind of bored. (I think I need to queue up an engaging movie and just see how long I can keep at it.)
This evening (yes, I came back later to add this!) my computer decided that it no longer wanted to go online. This may be just the incentive I need to redirect some of my time towards pursuits that are a little more physically active. Huzzah!
No comments:
Post a Comment