In celebration and recognition of our first snow of the season, I present a link to a site on snowflakes, run by the gentleman whose snowflake pictures appeared on the 39 cent snowflake stamps back in 2006. The site offers gorgeous close-up photos, snowflake facts and physics, and some ideas of snow-related activities for kids and adults.
If you become inspired here, you can seek out Paula Nadelstern's "Snowflakes & Quilts," to learn how to make amazing snowflake quilts. (The book is out of print, but I was able to find it last year at a quilt store for its original price. I include the link to Amazon so you can read a little about it; I'm not recommending that you purchase it at that inflated price!) Or just take the easier and more economical route and go goggle at the quilt gallery on her website!
No comments:
Post a Comment