Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

This evening we tried something a little new for Thanksgiving - eating out. We have no family in the area (although as I noted before, I'm still hoping that may change!), and spending all day in the kitchen laboring over a feast just for the two of us seemed a little silly. So we looked on Opentable last night and found that a few local places still had availability.

We ended up at a restaurant in the city where I got to try a few things that I'd only ever heard about before - some amuse bouches, a foam, and a gelée. Very Top Chef in a way ;). I admit that I had a hard time with the gelée (which was sort of a savoury lobster item with the texture of jello), so that is apparently not my thing. But then, I don't love the texture of jello either, so at least I am consistent! More specifics available on request...

At the end of the meal, DH turned to me and said that we should make this a Thankgiving tradition. Sounds good to me!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

TOP CHEF!! How was the foam??? I've still never tried one!!

Eating out on Thanksgiving sounds good to me, too!!!

Fionn said...

You know, I wasn't able to isolate a particular flavor that I could associate specifically with the foam. It sort of melted into the rest of the items on the plate!

Tamara said...

Interesting....I love me some Top Chef. Just saw on Bravo the other night that there will be a seasons 1-3 Holiday Cookoff this Thursday!

Fionn said...

It is one of my guilty pleasures also.