DH and I have gotten into this friendly competition over what we can do on the treadmill. He automatically gets a better workout when we do the same thing because he's bigger; however, I have a very important advantage, and that is that my knees can take walking on an incline. So I can ultimately do as much as he can in the same amount of time (although I'm having to do it all uphill).
We've been one-upping each other every day, just to keep it a little more challenging. This game was all well and good until I made the decision to do about 150% of the previous day's workout. I had a reason for it that didn't pertain to our game, but I forgot to mention it to him.
When he saw the number I put up, he was very unhappy indeed. He retreated to the basement (where the treadmill is housed), and I came upstairs to check my mail.
Slightly more than an hour later, he came back upstairs and I checked with him to see how it had gone. He broke into a big grin, and announced that, once again, he had one-upped me.
RATS! Now I have to do more (not looking forward to that on today's blisters) or be the wimp who throws in the towel. Why, oh why, did I not announce I was calling the game off - back when I was still ahead! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment