Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 1, and drafting a letter

Look at how many posts we average per month. Now try not to laugh when I tell you that I will be attempting to make a post a day during the month of November in honor of NaBloPoMo Really there is nothing to lose. Even if I don't make it all the way through, it will be a good, much-needed kick in the seat in the pants for my posting frequency. So, why not?

I wanted to begin by updating you on where we are on the Good Wishes quilt front, as there has been a bit of news that we haven't posted. To wit: since Sandie and her family have been approved, she has said that she now feels ready to start planning the quilt!

The first thing we need to do is to draft a note that we can send out to potential participants. This note should explain:

1) what the project is

There are countless examples online from other families who have created Good Wishes quilts. I think we can simply look at a few of them and adapt this amalgam as necessary to our own version of the project. Would you take the action item, Sandie, to do this and send me a draft?


2) what we need from participants.

For this second item, we need to start by figuring out what we do actually need. I can take it as an action item, and then can fold the information into the draft you send me.

Does this sound doable? Feel free to make countersuggestions if you have other ideas!

P.S. In order to figure out what size squares to request from participants, I do need a general sense of how large you would like the finished quilt to be. Are you thinking you would like a quilt she can cuddle up with, or a quilt that can cover her twin sized bed? Let me know!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

How exciting to be getting started!

May I say, I love the idea of sending a square along with a tiny swatch on a card with a wish...I saw that on a few blogs Sandie linked us to. I don't know if that's just standard, but what a beautiful scrapbook it will make to accompany the quilt!

Sandie Elsom said...

I think I would like to cover a single bed. Then I can either put it on her bed, or use it as a wall hanging.

I will work on the letter and send it to you.

Will I collect fabric here, or you there? What about if we offer two addresses to send to - yours & mine. Then people in Australia can send to me, and people in the US can send to you. Then we swap - you send me the wishes & swatches, and I send you the fabric.

Hey, isn't it fun to say "wishes and swatches."

Fionn said...

Switches and watches! Your sending plan sounds good to me!