Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Other people's wishes

Here is a page of all the wishes that were sent in for one family's Good Wishes quilt project. While it's not the same as paging through the scrapbook itself, skimming through these wishes does give a bit of a taste of what that experience must actually be like.

(They sent some nice ones, didn't they?)

The finished quilt is pretty too. I only wish the site owners had linked each wish to its square, as I am curious to know how the contributors chose to express some of those rather abstract wishes in graphic form!

(But my friends and I were always in search of an unbreakable, secret code for passing messages when we were small - so perhaps knowing that only you, with the help of your superfantastic scrapbook decoder, will ever be able to uncover all your quilt's secrets is part of the fun!)

3 comments:

Sandie Elsom said...

Oh, I love it. Those wishes are so lovely and the quilt is beautiful!

Emma said...

Those wishes are so creative! And the quilt is perfect. Thank you for sharing this link!

Fionn said...

I loved reading them too - it's clear the participants really put a lot of effort into picking just the right quotations and thoughts. :)