Took time out from updating the board last weekend to go and give platelets. The woman across from me was a real champ - arrived later than I did but finished about 20 minutes earlier. (I have some issues with the anti-coagulant they use, so they have to do everything slower with me to make it work properly.)
We were chatting a bit afterwards. It turns out this was her first platelet donation. She had been inspired to come in to give after her dog passed away from lymphoma; this was something she felt would be a fitting tribute.
Small world!
4 comments:
That's great! Kudos to her, and to you. It is a very small world. :)
k8
It made me want to ask other donors what had inspired them to come too. I am sure there are lots of interesting stories!
miss your blogging!
heather
I actually have a post in progress - about how I don't have any new photos to share since I haven't done much sewing lately!
Hopefully my current project will go quickly and I'll be able to get something up soon.
Post a Comment