To the relatives who have recently visited and admired the photos: Hi, and thanks for the kind words!
Regarding the supposed silliness of spending time on fancy quilts for animals, I don't know if it is a silly thing to do at all. I think the animals who have these in their cages just may end up getting a little more attention from human visitors. If you saw a colorful quilt in a kitty or puppy cage, wouldn't you want to pause and look? That would give the animal a little more time to charm you. Might you not then be a little more likely to bond with this pet and take him or her home? :)
I do have a few more snuggle quilts to photograph, but these will have to wait til the camera battery is up and running again. I may try giving these to the emergency vet clinic that took care of Finny. They were so nice to him, and I'd really wanted to do a little something for them too. We'll see!
2 comments:
I don't see anything silly about it at all. I mean, it's not FOR the animals so much is it - it's more about YOU doing something loving in memory of your beloved pet. If it brought you pleasure, then your mission was successful. But even apart from that, I think it's such a gorgeous idea. I would expect they would bring pleasure to the people who work there also - seeing a cat snuggled up with a handmade quilt - actually, I'd love to see that myself - any photos?
This was in specific response to DH's cousin. She and one of her kids apparently had their eyes on a few of the snuggle quilts and were both disappointed and mystified to hear they were going to pets instead of people! :)
I will see if I can wheedle one of my girls into posing for a cat-on-quilt photo here when my battery's back up and running.
Post a Comment