
You'll notice that I did end up doing a bunch of Crazy Quilt blocks in the end. They may be slower to sew, but to me, their spontaneity and randomness makes them more fun to make than Disappearing 9 Patch blocks. Plus I get to use all the tiny pieces that have been sitting in my scrap bag forever!
6 comments:
I just love those crazy blocks! They have such a fun look!
Don't they? I love how economical they are to make, too.
I'm doing these all from stash - even the batts are pieced!
Those are really adorable. What a nice thing to do for the animals!!
One of the little things that had worried me about leaving Finny overnight at the emergency vet was that he might not have anything warm and cozy to snuggle into.
Of course he was very well-provided for, with multiple warm blankets and beds. But I started thinking of the kitties who don't have things like that, and that was my inspiration here.
I may try to do the next batch pillowcase style (where you put the layers face to face, machine-stitch around three sides, and then turn them right side out to finish the last side) to see if I can speed up the process.
I just love the idea that these will be used to comfort...and the word "quiltlet" is so freaking cute.
Thanks! I hope the animals like them!
Post a Comment