Here is a shot I took immediately after I tied off the last knot in the thread I was using to stitch the back of the binding. (If you click on the image to see the larger version, you can see a bit of a dimensional look to the squares. That's what happens when you stitch "in the ditch" between blocks. It is a pretty neat effect.)
4 comments:
How beautiful!! It came out absolutely perfect!
Thanks! I wish I could get a decent shot of that dark brown border so you guys could see how beautiful the fabric is. Think of the way dark chocolate looks when it is melting and then you stir in a bit of cream or butter - lots of glossy swirls and rich texture. Yum!
It looks like the same fabric that is on Caedmon's quilt? it *is* lovely. I had a lot of time while I had the flu to stare at each little square (and again appreciate your handiwork!)
Many of the fabrics are the same, yes. It has more monkey fabric, a different red stripe, and a different aqua, though.
The baby shower was yesterday, so hopefully the recipient loved it :)
Post a Comment