My sister and BIL are planning to have Kira start on the cello after she turns 4 in August. (She has met her proposed teacher and has observed a few lessons, and is completely on board with this plan.)
She'll be learning via the Suzuki method. The first piece they always learn is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." So when I found this tiny child's locket on Amazon, I couldn't help but buy it for her. My plan is to send it out as a little surprise after she learns her first song.
Do you think I should print out a tiny photo of her to put inside of it (even temporarily, to establish the idea that it can contain something)? Or should I just leave it up to her to decide?
3 comments:
so sweet! I'd put one in there.
OK dumb question alert: I'm guessing they have child size cellos? lovely instrument.
Yes, they have little bitty cellos! Based on the information on this page it sounds like they would probably be starting her on a 1/8th size.
That's adorable. I would also put a little photo inside...when she's older she can always change it.
It might also be nice to put in a photo of her with her Auntie Steph...so she's reminded of your gift and your special relationship when she looks at it. :)
Post a Comment