Dearest Fionn and DH
First of all my belated holiday wishes to you both.
Fionn, thank you so much for the beautiful quilt which you made for me and grandpa. I put it on him and showed the 2 nurses (1 day nurse and 1 night nurse). They both haven't seen anything so beautifully sewed. Including myself. Soo beautiful. I thanked your mother-in-law [hee hee, this is her daughter] for the pictures she supplied you. I thank both of you soo very much.
Whenever somebody comes to visit papa and me I take it out the quilt to show them. I am soo proud of you, DH, J., and S. I shall cherish it with love from you guys. Thank you. I love you all.
Mahalo!
Grandma and Grandpa
P.S Thank you and go out to kau-kau (eat) [referring to a check she enclosed]
Friday, January 25, 2008
My turn to get choked up...
This is too lovely not to share, although I'll use pseudonyms since it's a public journal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's so sweet that she gets it out to show everyone who comes by. It's obvious that she truly treasures it. :)
I know!
I hope when they see it, they ask about the photos, so that she gets to talk about some of the memories they hold for her, too.
That's really, really lovely! You must feel so good!
you're right!
I can post without a blogger account.
what a sweet appreciate of your creative efforts.
Tam, I definitely did. I got so caught up the technical stuff that I wasn't able to step back and really look at it and take it in until I got her note. So her words were very important.
Heather, I think I was mentally preparing for a low-key response like my grandfather's when we gave him his quilt, so this delighted me! (My grandfather was sort of one of those strong, silent types. Low-key didn't mean he wasn't appreciative of everyone's thoughts and efforts; it was just his style.)
Post a Comment