Sunday, January 13, 2008

Digging out

I have a number of unfinished projects waiting patiently for me to get back to them. I go in thinking I should make progress on the current stack of projects, and then my imagination is spirited away by the idea of doing kaleidoscopic hexagon blocks! Or I see a quilt using Japanese indigos and think of how I could make inroads on using my own indigos! And lo, another project is born.

But enough. I hereby make the modest resolution to finish at least two of my current projects before I allow myself to do any more than think of anything new.

TARGETS:
1) Quilt with yellow friendship stars: DONE!
- choose fabric for backing from stash
- sew together backing fabrics
- piece batting
- make binding
- lay out and pin together layers
- tie quilt
- baste and trim
- sew binding on front
- sew binding on back
- make mad dash to get new bottle of Synthrapol to fix bleeding dye
- wash and iron
- sew on Linus label


2) Aqua lotus quilt:
- make binding
- finish hand quilting in hoop

- re-do some hand quilting near edges of quilt (stretched out of whack in hoop)
- pin/baste and trim edges
- machine bind front
- hand bind back

I welcome pointed comments and reminders about these tasks if I don't seem to be making any progress! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with this one! I feel terrible about my two quilt projects that I haven't finished and they give me much uneasiness every time I start doing something else.

Fionn said...

I thought that breaking the work down into steps might make it feel less overwhelming so I would be more likely to at least make *some* progress. (Worked for the first project, at least!)