Friday, January 04, 2008

Really done

Done, note written, everything packed up with foam and packing peanuts and due to be mailed tomorrow. Yay!

The diagonal quilting isn't all that obvious, but if you are curious, I mocked it up (the pale yellow lines) here. The ditch stitching (=quilting in the seam line) isn't supposed to be visible, so the fact that it isn't is a good thing ;)

You know, it's funny... going in, I was kind of dreading doing the ditch stitching, as even little inaccuracies are so obvious. But with all of the ditch stitching I needed to do on this quilt (around each of the photos, between the body of the quilt and the first border, between the grey and brown borders), I started to get fairly comfortable with it. So I am now kind of looking forward to the idea of doing more going forward!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

So you did the diagonal diamond-shaped quilting, but ALSO stiched around the seams of each square? I don't know the lingo...

What a huge effort! I must say, Steph, it came out perfect. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Fionn said...

Sorry, I know I wasn't very clear!

I marked in red all the places where I stitched through all of the layers.

(This is the part that is actually referred to as quilting, by the way!)