Monday, January 21, 2008

The monkeys made me do it!

I know I wasn't supposed to start anything new... but when I was in my studio, my eye fell upon the yard and a half of cute simian fabric, and before I knew it, I was monkeying around matching fabrics. (Oh well!)

EDITED: Potential layouts removed; view the final monkey quilt here!

10 comments:

Vulpesera said...

Love the random monkeys.


I also think I love the words "random monkeys".

Fionn said...

Some other votes:

I spoke with Juno on IM. She voted for diagonal monkeys because "it seems to make more sense to my eye."

DH who (obviously) saw the options in person voted for random monkeys because he said it's a more playful arrangement of fabrics.

Melissa said...

I like the diagonal as well and for the same reason as Juno. Cute fabric!

Fionn said...

Heather says, " i think the random is more fun for sock monkeys!"

Anonymous said...

I am going to go diagonal monkeys.

Tamara said...

I'm also going to say random...I feel as though I *should* prefer the diagonal setup...but I don't. I think the random layout looks fun and sweet.

Sandie Elsom said...

I like random. We're not making this easy for you, are we?

Fionn said...

Sandie,

My opinion happened to correspond with what was the majority opinion at the time that I was needing to make a decision, so it was not a problem at all.

(It is a little quilt - just over a yard/metre square, if memory serves - so it's actually already done. :))

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I just saw this. It's so absolutely frolicking and adorable!

heather

Fionn said...

Thanks, Heather! :)