Monday, January 07, 2008

And delivered!

We shipped via FedEx, for no particularly good reason. One positive thing about FedEx (other than the knowledge that, after handing over your box, your wallet will no longer be cluttered with pesky dollar bills :-P ) is that they have an excellent online tracking system. I did relish having access to that information this weekend, to see the quilt make its way across the country; but I especially loved knowing, within 9 minutes of the actual delivery, that it had been delivered straight into Grandma's hands.

When I saw this, I IM'ed DH and he called his parents to give them a heads up. Not long after, his mother called me and relayed the following:

She had called Grandma within 19 minutes of the delivery, thinking that this would surely be enough time for her to open the package, read the note, unwrap the quilt, etc. (Even accounting for my overzealous application of packing tape, this sounded like sufficient time to me as well.)

But after she had signed for the box, she had gone to see to Grandpa. And so, when MIL had called, she had only just gotten out the quilt - and was crying with joy when she came to the phone.

Aw, I think she liked it! :) (What better reaction could you ask for? :))

2 comments:

Tamara said...

How absolutely wonderful! You must feel so good!! What a gift to treasure!

Anonymous said...

No thank you could ever be better than that!