When I moved the quilting machine into my studio, I had to move a lot of other items out to make room. Almost all of the works in progress migrated to the guest bedroom closet.
Last night, after running up against a roadblock in another quilt, I girded up my loins and opened up the closet of unfinished projects.
I pulled out the Flowerboxes quilt, and started to re-audition it with potential border fabrics. Unfortunately it is not really seeming content with any of the things I am pulling out from my stash.
This is one of the ways the stash grows: when you don't find something that works, you go to the store and buy a few possibilities, plus some pieces of other things you fall in love with, plus a bit of whatever's on sale, etc., etc., etc., Soon it becomes the stash that ate New York. And still, against all odds and logic, you can never really find exactly the fabric that you need when it comes time to choose a border...?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment