Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Flowerboxes

Here is a sneak peek at the pink quilt mentioned below. (The blocks are currently just lying next to each other, so the little ones have to overlap a bit to line up with the big ones. They'll look more regular when they're actually sewn together.) I haven't settled on a border fabric just yet, although I am leaning toward red-violet. (The blog's deep pink background does seem to work fairly well too.)

click for larger view

You could imagine doing a pattern like this for a Good Wishes Quilt (using the wish fabrics in the centers of the blocks) although I think you would probably have to provide the participants with color guidelines for it to work well.

P.S. Yes, those are the aggravating red and green blocks to the right in the photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands down, this is my fave of all your work. I love the color choices. It's so intense and perfect.

(then again, I've not seen what you could with browns/oranges/reds. I'd probably freak right out. You're very gifted.)

Fionn said...

Thank you! I am enjoying working on it. :)

Sandie Elsom said...

that's really lovely.

Anonymous said...

This is insanely beautiful! I adore pinks and oranges together, and the pattern really is fun, geometric bubbly!

(Today is the first day I've checked out this cool blog of you two cool ladies. Weirdly, sometimes I can't access Blogspot blogs...I can't think why...)

(this is heather/mamaday)