Saturday, November 15, 2008

Homes for snuggle quilts

We went down to a cat shelter today, and I brought two of the small kitty quilts I'd made a few months ago in honor of Finnegan. (I posted these earlier, as backdrops to a photo of a very expressive Echo, but if you missed them then, you can view them here, now.)

I gave the quilts to the shelter manager, and she was quite enthusiastic about them. (In fact, she encouraged me to think about selling my quilts, and even started brainstorming about places to do so locally. How nice of her! :))

The positive reaction made me feel good (unlike the lukewarm reaction of the other shelter), so I think if I end up making more of these small quilts, I'll be donating them here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness your lovely and heart-full work was appreciated at that place! And yay for the kitties and their new quilts.

Unknown said...

I've always thought you made amazing quilts. I wouldn't be surprised if you could set up a shop with them. Have you seen this web site?

http://www.etsy.com/

Fionn said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence :)

I definitely have visited etsy - can get lost there looking at all the neat things for hours!