When people make a donation to the surgical fund at our vet clinic, they are given the opportunity to make a dedication on a 3" x 1" plaque. There is a corner of the vet clinic set aside these plaques. It is very affecting to read the dedications and think about how much love is behind those words.
As I had mentioned to some of you before, I was pretty blocked on what to write. How do you sum up anyone in just a few words? Ultimately, I decided that if I gave myself a framework in which to work, it might come together a little easier.
I chose the acrostic form, and came up with a draft. I asked DH for suggestions, telling him a few ideas I thought we might want to include. He suggested that we substitute "noble" for my original "nimble." Here is the final result:
Funny, impish, nosy, noble,
eloquent, gorgeous, adored.
Never-forgotten.
Finnegan (1992-2008)
Eisa goes in to see the vet at the end of this coming week, so we'll take the paperwork in at that point.
6 comments:
lovely and perfect. thank you for your post and card- it's so wonderful to get birthday greetings!
heather
My mother said she didn't realize that the first letter of each word spelled out his name til we mentioned it. If the dedication works without that knowledge, then I think we must have done a decent job of it :)
Did the card actually manage to arrive on exactly the right day? Excellent!
It's so perfectly descriptive.
We went to the vet's office yesterday to pick up some pills for Echo and the plaque was up! :)
It must have made you feel so good to see it there!! A very fitting tribute.
They were really quick - I was so touched!
Post a Comment