Friday, April 25, 2008

Revised thoughts on aqua

I had two different aqua fabrics that I thought would work in the monkey quilt - one with swirls and one with vines.

The earlier photographs featured the swirly fabric. (It was the first one I cut, and I didn't want to complicate matters by making changes in the colors we weren't ready to play with yet!)

Initially I was planning to offer both as options, and then have Michele make the call between them. However, after handling both fabrics, I can feel that the vine fabric is of noticeably superior quality. For a wall hanging, the thickness of the fabric might not make a lot of difference, but in a baby quilt (or any other quilt that will get a lot of wear), I really want to use top quality materials.

Therefore, I would like to propose that we eliminate the swirly fabric from consideration, and go with the aqua vines instead.

No comments: