Okay, first comparison:
1) In the following photos, you see two different options for the block in the top lefthand corner - a red striped fabric or a dark brown one.
Do you prefer:
a) A monkey quilt that includes a red striped fabric
b) A monkey quilt that includes a dark brown fabric
2) Do you like where I am going with it so far, based on the above images, or do you want to see more monkey squares?
I can do this by substituting monkeys for one of the existing blocks. So, if you would like to see more monkeys, which one other block would you like to have me remove? (ETA: You can see a few examples of this in the Comments)
Michele's decision will of course prevail in the end, but your feedback might help her make up her mind, so everyone should absolutely feel free to chime in!
6 comments:
definitely red striped!
heather
Heather, would you try substituting a second row of monkeys for any of the fabrics in the red striped quilt version? If so, which one?
I am feeling a little obtuse- do you mean taking away 2 color blocks and replacing them with more monkeys? if so, my first instinct is to replace the white or to replace the brown...but of course, I'd have to see it! :)
heather
Oh, sorry, I explained it poorly! Your understanding is exactly what I meant.
Here's what it looks like without the brown, and here is how it looks without the white.
i can't decide!!
heather
My favourite is the one without the white - the last photo you posted. The red really lifts the quilt, but the brown tones in so beautifully that I don't really want to see either of those left out.
Post a Comment