The veterinary ultrasound revealed a thickening in the intestinal wall. After a new barrage of tests, we believe that cancer cells are infiltrating the wall of the intestine, causing ulceration inside of the intestinal tract. (This may also have been keeping him from absorbing all the nutrients in the small amount he was eating.)
We're starting on a new type of chemo tomorrow. They'll be keeping him in the hospital for at least three days to get him going and also to feed him intravenously.
It will be a very long three days without seeing his sweet face looking up at me or having his warm, soft little self curled up beside me at night...
(Hoping it is just three days)
6 comments:
oh, steph. i will be keeping finny in my thoughts.
I hope poor Finn is doing better and it hasn't been too awful without him.
Perhaps the vet will let you move a fold out bed into the animal hospital, like what they do with sick children. :)
I'm sorry Steph. I hope he recovers soon.
I'm sorry, Steph...I hope he's doing better!
Thanks, you guys. We went to see him last night during visiting hours. They brought him in a fuzzy little cat bed, with a purple bandage on his paw where they were doing the fluid drip.
(What with the completely wrapped paw and the fact that they have him on reglan (which makes him completely spacey), he wasn't going anywhere.)
We stroked him, talked to him, and snuggled him. He purred and purred for us :). Finny is not the kind of cat who will purr at the drop of a hat, so I think he really did appreciate it.
Oh, poor little guy!
That's awesome about the purring- he has such amazing humans.
Post a Comment