For the Panda's quilt, do you think we should work to a colour scheme? The reason I ask is that I had always assumed we would just get whatever people wanted to send, but after watching you put those quilt kits together I realise that I prefer the quilts with certain colour schemes - the pink & green, and the Neopolitan come particularly to mind.
But does that just make it too hard?
3 comments:
Well, we could request that people send fabric of a particular color. But, they won't all match, as there is a pretty broad range of each color.
For instance, if we ask for pink, some people would send cool pastel pink; some would send Barbie doll pink; some would send salmon pink; some would decide that since they don't really like pink, they're going to send something else instead.
JL's quilt had just 20-odd people choosing colors, and the only reason that it (sort of) matched was because I was able to add 50 other squares into the mix to bring everything together.
With 100 different people choosing colors, the squares won't look like one person sat down and chose the an exact color scheme with coordinating fabrics.
With that said, I think 100 different pinks could actually look kind of cute, as long as you don't expect it to look planned.
I hope that didn't sound too negative! I do think all one color (or even a color family) could be really cute - and I think it's absolutely fair to give the contributors some guidelines about what you would like. In fact, it may even make things easier for them to have it narrowed down for them.
Oh well, we have some time to think about that.
Post a Comment