Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quilt kits 1-5

Since there were leftovers from the fabric pieces we ordered, I offered to put together quilt 'kits' for people so they could sew their own quilts. (I like the designing better than the sewing, so this was pretty fun!)

I ended up making 10 of them. Each had to contain the fabric the individual had chosen for the Sub Rosa quilt; beyond that, I either matched colors in that "focus" fabric, or took suggestions on what else they'd like to see in their kit.

Here are the first five. (Click on the photos to see larger versions; mouse over for identification of the focus fabric.)

Focus fabric is cream with words (4th from the left, second to last row)

Focus fabric is the red with gold print (4th from the left on the bottom row)

Focus fabric is the bright red on the corner closest to the camera

Focus fabric is the Botticelli Venus print (left column, second to last row)

Focus fabric is the horse print (fifth from the left, second to last row)

No comments: