Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Leapin' lizards!

I have a wall display unit that consists of three shelves that are 16.5" long and 5" wide, with 10" clearance between the shelves. I had seen Tolly eyeing that thing, and thought perhaps he wanted to reach up and play with the nesting dolls on the bottom shelf like Truffle does.

Oh no, Mr. Tolly had higher ambitions. I left him alone in the bedroom when I went out to take a phone call. When I came back, what should I see but Tolly perched on the middle shelf of that wall unit looking very pleased with himself. The silly guy had leapt up there from the trunk and had managed to land on the middle shelf, incredibly, without knocking over a single one of the items on that shelf (or knocking the shelf off the wall, for that matter).

I noticed he'd also leapt up to the top of the armoire to retrieve a cat toy too. But that's old hat for him, he's been doing it on a daily basis for the last couple of days.

When we took Tolly to the animal hospital last week, the vet said he had a 'click' in one of his hind legs. She said this made him more likely to develop early arthritis, and asked me if he seemed hesitant to jump.

Um, no. Mr. Tollypants is about the least hesitant jumper I've ever met.

No comments: