The story of an international quilt, and other ramblings
Monday, October 29, 2007
Yardage or quilt?
I made some patchwork for Anna to use for her bags, but when I showed her the yardage, she said she didn't want to cut it!
What do you guys think, should I try to convince her, or should I make it up into a lap quilt instead? Is there enough contrast in value to make it interesting as a quilt if I add a border?
I feel like crying, because if you do make a bag from that fabric and you put it up for sale, I'll be your first customer! The reason I feel like crying is because looking at that piece of perfection, it's too beautiful for me to imagine cutting into. It would be like surgery on a loved one -- I just couldn't bear to watch.
I think if you made it for Anna specifically to make bags with, then she has an obligation to cut it up and make bags. It would be sad to see it not be used for its designated purpose.
7 comments:
Don't get me wrong, I would carry a bag made from it everyday....but...the idea of anything going to waste makes me sick!
That said, I was just laughed at for keeping a shred of brocade that was roughly the length and width of a ruler...
Yeah, well, I keep (and use!) 2"x2" scraps, so I won't be criticizing other people's fabric saving moves.
OMG, I LOVE it!
I feel like crying, because if you do make a bag from that fabric and you put it up for sale, I'll be your first customer! The reason I feel like crying is because looking at that piece of perfection, it's too beautiful for me to imagine cutting into. It would be like surgery on a loved one -- I just couldn't bear to watch.
Man, tough call! I think it would make a nice quilt, but the bags would be gorgeous too!!! I just can't decide.
I agree with Tabitha, it would make me sad to see that cut up.
But MAN, what a bag(s) it would be! How beautiful, Stephanie!!
I think if you made it for Anna specifically to make bags with, then she has an obligation to cut it up and make bags. It would be sad to see it not be used for its designated purpose.
And besides Anna, you have a customer ready!!
It is beautiful! I couldn't cut into it either :)
Post a Comment