Friday, June 01, 2007

More on colour options

The idea of 100 different pinks is actually quite appealing to me, the more I think about it.

I'm interested to know from the people who read this blog whether you would find that limiting. If someone said "send me a square of fabric in some shade of pink" is that significantly harder than just "send me a square of fabric."

Or do you think it's better to just let the quilt evolve organically and just be what it is?

2 comments:

Emma said...

I think it makes it easier for people, definitely. I have had many people worried that they are going to buy the 'wrong' fabric and they've wanted some kind of guideline. I think it would also make it easier for matching up / deciding where the squares will go on the layout. And it will look gorgeous!

Fionn said...

The more we talk about it, the more it appeals. A lot of the people on Sub Rosa requested help even after it was narrowed down to "autumn colors," so I think anything that people can grasp onto like a color or a theme will make them feel more at ease.