Sunday, April 22, 2007

Unframed

After more equipment issues than I care to enumerate, the quilting on the Sub Rosa quilt is finally done. We took the quilt off of the frame tonight and it looks nice - which means (oh joy!) I don't have to pick out 27 rows of quilting. Whew!

We took some photos tonight right after we got it off the frame, but I'd rather wait and show you a shot after the excess batting and backing are gone and the borders are squared up.

In the meantime, these are some in-progress photos from this last week, for your viewing pleasure.

long view, left to right

medium view, quilting visible

And here is the backing (which I snapped while lying on my back on the floor looking up at the quilt in the frame. Yes, I spent a lot of time under the quilting frame for various reasons. Good thing I am fairly flexible.)

backing, quilted

I should mention, also, that the scrapbook (with letters, photos, and fabric swatches) was essentially finished this last week, so we are definitely making progress here!

No comments: